Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The lemons have landed

I am now in possession of a small sack full of lemons. Alhamdulillah!
Is this the best week ever or what? First we get an apartment and then I get lemons!!
lol
I'm teasing, but I am still very excited.
Hubby's friend brought them over from Kuwait.
I'm not sure where they were grown at, I don't recognize the name on the little stickers. And they are on the small side, however they look good enough.
I'll be sticking them in the fridge to try to keep them a little longer. Not sure if they're freezable or not.
And since we didn't manage to get any lemon seeds, I'll be trying to grow a tree from one of the seeds of the lemons that I got. Provided I like the flavor okay.

I see lemon bars in the very near future!! Yum!

I tried to upload the videos that I took at the new apartment yesterday but they wouldn't upload, there is some problem with them, although I can view them fine.
So, you are stuck with pictures, which I still haven't gotten ready yet. I'll try to do it today but ... well.... lol.

My MIL made my favorite chicken today. It's got red and orange bell peppers and white onions and maybe just some salt and pepper. But the bell peppers and onion make it so sweet, it's really lovely. I'm going to have to watch her make it sometime so that I can make it myself. And I hope we eat soon since I'm really hungry!

If I get the pictures done today, I'll come back and post them.
Or maybe I'll just get them done today for posting tomorrow.

It's only 91 degrees today, not too bad. Yesterday was even a couple of degrees cooler I think. Almost a cold spell! lol
However my heat rash started acting up the other day when we checked out that first apartment and it was too hot and I had to wear long sleeves.
I hope it will go away soon. It was actually starting to get a bit better.
Though it's acting up on my legs.
I am one itching mama!

Harry Potter out today. Still not sure when we'll see it.
3 days til I turn 40.
Holy smokes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!
I just read about a months worth of posts & I'm so excited for you & your new digs! Also the lemons....very exciting! I've been scrambling & have not read in a while. I'm glad you're well & look forward to seeing the pics when you can manage it. J

Melissa said...

Hey Jen, hope you're well and that the season is going good for ya!
=)