Friday, November 9, 2007

Time flies!

Well, we had a nice day today alhamdulillah.
We went to the house of one of Ahmed's aunts today for lunch. She has 4 kids (2 girls and a set of boy twins) but only 3 of the kids were there. Also, Ahmed's aunt from Kuwait who was with us for dinner last night came as well.
They really know how to make you feel welcome here in Egypt. Everyone has been so accomodating of me not eating meat that I've never had to worry about it and I'm often quite stuffed when we visit someone as they want to feed you so much! Well, also, I have a small stomach as I'm used to eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of just two big meals like many here do.
Anyways, the visit was really nice. His family is just so *nice*! lol
I tried chicken again and fish. There were a couple of things that had ground beef and I just scraped the beef out and it was fine. And we had konafa for dessert, made with honey instead of cheese or nuts. It was just the right amount of sweet and really nice. I do love kanafa. *sigh*

After we had lunch we headed out so that I could meet a friend from online who lives here in Egypt. I was a little nervous when I got to her door, all of a sudden thinking, "What am I going to say???", but it was a really nice visit and I'm so happy that I had a chance to stop by. Also, I tried a persimmon for the first time while I was at her place. lol The taste was nice but it was a bit mushy.
Actually I felt so at home in her apartment. It was really nice and not decorated in Egyptian style (not that Egyptian style is bad, just different than what I'm used to). More like I'm used to from home and in a taste that I like as well, so I felt really comfortable there.

We stopped at a place near home to look for some clothes but I couldn't find anything I liked, so we'll look some more tomorrow insha'Allah.
Tomorrow will be a busy day and we have some irons in the fire that we're not sure how they will turn out but if they turn out good then I will have some nice news.

That's it for now.
There's always more on my mind and thoughts and sights to post about, but never seems to be enough time.
I hope to really get alot of this stuff down in the next week or so though insha'Allah.

Happy weekend everyone!
=)

No comments: