Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Back in Cairo

Back in Cairo and happy to be so alhamdulillah.
Except for the fact that I'm being eaten alive by mosquitos. I only got 2 bites in the two weeks we were in Alexandria.

Mom made mashi for dinner (vegetables stuffed with a rice mixture) and it was really good and I ate too much!
That was four hours ago though and I guess I'll want a snack before bed. lol
I swear if I lived in this house I would get toooo fat!

Well, that's it for the day. I'm on dial-up and I don't want to take too long on the computer.
I'll try to post more tomorrow.

Oh yeah. It's hot here!! Isn't this November?? Thankfully I'm told that the weather will cool off starting tomorrow.

I hope everyone is well and my love to you all.

2 comments:

Shari said...

The mashi sounds interesting. What all does it have in it? I make a stuffed green pepper - there's ground meat, onions, tomatoes and rice in that recipe. Was it a lot cooler in Alexandria? It's around 65 here today - has been all week. However, it's been getting down into the 20's and 30's at night.
Love to you both, Mom

Melissa said...

Well, I know your stuffed bell peppers, they're really good. This is a bit different. The vegetables are smaller - zucchini, bell peppers and white eggplant. But all small size, so they don't fit alot of the rice inside. But you eat more of them. lol
The rice is just rice with some spices I guess. I'm not sure exactly. I could try to get a recipe.
It was not alot cooler in Alex temp wise, but there was almost always a nice wind blowing, which helped cool things off.
And it is indeed cooler today here in Cairo. yay!