Friday, November 9, 2007

It's late!

Just a quick post as it's after 1 a.m. and I'm a bit tired.
We had a long but good day alhamdulillah!
We went to Al Azhar and I got my "official" certificate of shahadah (declaring my faith as Islam).
The traffic going there took about 45 minutes and coming back took 50 minutes. And this was not quick moving traffic, it was just stop and stare and sit around waiting for who knows what. I guess there are just too many people on the roads here.
Then tonight we went to Ahmed's cousins house for dinner. Well, Ahmed's parents and brother and sister and Ahmed and I. His cousin is married with a son and daughter so there were 11 of us (including Ahmed's aunt from Kuwait).
They live in an area on the top of a hill and it's called muqatam (I know I spelled that wrong). Anyways, they have a really nice house (they call them villas here) and the dinner was really great. She made me a sweet and sour vegetable dish and some other dishes as well for me specially since I don't eat meat!
Ahmed's whole family has been so nice and welcoming and I really feel at home here.
Oh yeah, it took an hour and twenty minutes to get to his cousin's house but only 25 minutes to get back home. The traffic there was just horrendous and I'm glad we don't have to drive in that all the time!

Tomorrow, it will be lunch for Ahmed and I with another aunt of his and then we will meet a friend of mine that I know from online. It should be nice insha'Allah.
And then perhaps some more shopping tomorrow as well. We'll see.

Okay! Enough for now
Everyone smile!!!

No comments: