Saturday, November 10, 2007

A bird pooped on my head!

If that isn't a fitting title for my last post from Egypt..... well, yeah I guess it isn't, but, it did happen today.
We were shopping at the khan al khalili (outdoor shopping area) and we were underneath a tree that was full of birds merrily chirping away. It was really nice to listen to and I was enjoying it, and I felt something plop on my head. I was hoping it was just a piece of the tree, like a leaf or something, but when I asked Ahmed, he said it was poop. So, we wiped it off and all was well.

We did *alot* of shopping today. All in all, we were in pursuit of shopping for about 6 hours. Unfortunately, there were some things I needed to get that I couldn't find, and I'm not happy about that, but what can you do?
I was sad when we were walking around. I almost cried a couple of times just thinking about how much I wasn't ready to leave this place yet. There's still too much I haven't done. Five weeks isn't enough to even scratch the surface of a place like Cairo. Well, two of those weeks were in Alexandria. But still... I hope to be back at some point next year, though we don't have any definite plans just yet. Insha'Allah it won't be too long.

My flight will be leaving in about 12 hours from now. It's hard to believe. I'm not packed yet. I'm pretty sure I have more to bring home than I have room in my suitcases but we shall see about that. I hope I don't have to have anything shipped home!

There is much more to post, but I will do it from home in the states. It seems a little strange to be thinking about posting after I'm home, but I just couldn't get it all done here.

Well, so long from Egypt.
Assalamu alaykum

No comments: