Sunday, November 4, 2007

Less than a week!

Well, as the day is almost done here, it is less than a week til I come home! boohoo!!!

We had a really nice day yesterday. We left the apartment around 3 in the afternoon and walked west on the corniche for about half an hour til we got to a beach area that looked nice. We went down and just sat and watched the sea and talked until the sun set at just after 5. *sigh*
After that we walked/took a taxi down to starbucks and Ahmed tried a frappuccino. He liked it but I guess it won't be a regular on his menu. Mostly because I don't know if they have a starbucks in Cairo. I think they do, but anyways, I don't guess he'll become addicted like most of America seems to have.

On the way home, we stopped and got some sweets at a bakery called La Poire. I guess that means pear in French? Ahmed said it's his favorite bakery and I can certainly understand why. We got a couple of boxes of pastries for breakfasts. Yum. I had a croissant and some other little things for breakfast this morning.

After that we stopped by a restaurant called GAD on our way back to the apartment. I got a pizza that was horribly greasy. Yuck. And Ahmed got some stuffed grape leaves (I'm blanking on what they're called at the moment, but I don't like them), and some more chicken shawerma. I decided that I really like the shawerma and it's possible I'll even eat it if I can find any back in the states. I am shocked. Meat. But still, it's so good, if you had some you'd understand. It's meat that been roasting on a spit for hours and hours and they put in some tomato and bell pepper and spices and either wrap it up in a tortilla like thing, or put it in a roll. If you ever get a chance to try it, you should. Yum yum yum!

We didn't leave the house til 9:45 tonight. Is it bad to be that lazy? lol
The only thing that really bothers me about that is that I miss the daylight and all the days start to run together into some weird twilight everlasting night.

Tomorrow will be our last full day in Alexandria. We might go to the fort but I'm not sure. Then we're leaving Tuesday morning for Cairo. We made a list today of things we need to do when we're back in Cairo insha'Allah. I hope we can get it all done.
One of Ahmed's friends called yesterday and said it was hot in Cairo. I hope it cools down by the time we get back. It's still been humid here in Alexandria but not so bad.

Okay, that's it for today.
Not sure if I'll post tomorrow night or when.
love to you all.

No comments: