Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sleeeepy

I don't know why but I'm so tired today!
We got up by 11 and I got showered and ready, but instead of going to Al Azhar as planned, we decided to do that tomorrow and we would just go shopping today. But, we decided to have lunch first (around 2:30, and that was early by usual standards of 4 or 5 p.m. for lunch) and then go shopping around 5 or later.
After lunch we had a nap. I really wasn't intending to have one but Ahmed wanted to lay down so I said I would lay down for just a bit and then I was going to use the computer. However, I guess sleep had other plans for me, as we woke up to his cell phone ringing at 4:45!
So, Ahmed is off picking up some stuff from a shipping company (some of the stuff we had with us in Alex, he shipped back to Cairo with a shipping company so we didn't have to carry so much), and after he's done, he'll pick me up and then off we go!
I have some shopping to do for friends in the states (per request, and I don't mind). I hope I can get the right stuff and that they'll like it. And I have shopping for me to do as well. :D

We decided to stay here at Ahmed's parent's house for the rest of my stay. His mom and sister were sad that I'll be leaving in a few days and wanted us to stay here, and I am happy with staying here, as I'll miss them as well.
So, I told Ahmed, since we weren't staying in a seperate apartment, he would have more money to spend on me for shopping. Yay! lol

I think tomorrow we'll go to Al Azhar in the morning, and then to the khan al khalili after that. It's a shopping area but it's all outdoors, but because of canopies and such, it almost seems like it's inside. We went for a short bit before we went to Alexandria and I really liked it. I'll do some shopping for family and myself I suppose. And I will try to get some pictures of it. I really liked the atmosphere.

Speaking of pictures, I will probably upload alot of the videos to youtube, but I don't know who wants to see them and if everyone has high speed internet. If anyone wants the videos/pictures on a cd after I get home, and they are not within hand delivery area, let me know (send me an email with current mailing address) and I can just snail mail a cd with vids/pics.

My son told me that the time went forward last weekend. I guess I can look forward to shorter darker days when I get back. Fall and winter are here for sure! I just got hungry for pumpkin pie thinking about that. lol
Yum!

Speaking of yum, today mom made rice and artichoke hearts in a white sauce for lunch. Well, that was what I had. The meat eaters will also have kofta which is meat in a red sauce (though there could be different ways to make kofta, I'm not sure?).
The artichoke hearts were so yummy, I really love them. I'm not sure what was in the sauce but I don't think it was much. Flour and lemon and some kind of liquid, perhaps milk or some butter.
But I was definitely full when I finished eating.

As promised the weather is cooler today and I'm thankful for that!
Now, off to get ready to go shopping.
Adios mi amigos!

3 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Only dial up internet here, so I'd love a CD when you get home.
Jane

Shari said...

We'd love to have a CD of all the photos and videos you took while you were in Egypt. We'll pick it up when we see you in a week.
Love, Mom

Melissa said...

Alright, cd's for you both!
=)