Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lemon or lime?

I made the most scrumptious bread/cake a couple of days ago.  It's actually called lemon yogurt cake or something like that, but you bake it in a loaf pan, so to me it seemed like it should be more like a bread.  But, it seems to be more dense and sweet, perhaps something like a pound cake?  I'm not sure as I remember having pound cake though so I can't be sure.

It called for lemons but I just used lime since that's what we had on hand and it seemed interchangeable enough with the lemon bars.

There was a bit of a mess with the lime/sugar syrup that was supposed to be drizzled over the top, but I got it on well enough.

The taste is really just out of this world.  For mom and dad - remember the lemon bundt cakes you used to be able to buy at Raley's?  It tastes kinda like that.  SO GOOD!!  Hubby really likes it as well.  So, happy with that.  And the bottom didn't burn, so that's a plus.  lol

:::

In other food related news, I made fettuccine alfredo tonight for the first time.  The recipe was good though it was a bit heavy.  It called for a less fat cream cheese, but I think I was lucky enough to find regular cream cheese.  In any case, it was good and hubby agrees that it's a keeper.

:::

We went last Friday, new years day, to the in-laws for lunch.  There were assorted cousins and neice and aunty there, so it was nice to see everyone.  I didn't even mind spending time there as a guest.  Though I'm not happy about going to live there again while hubby is away on his trip that is coming up.

I took some food pictures but don't have them edited yet, so that will come later, in a day or two perhaps.

:::

Not sure about trip dates.  Possibly this weekend or the next.  I'm trying to be positive about it, as one of the reasons for the trip is to bring in new business for hubby's company, and that is important.  But I still don't like being without him in a country that is not entirely familiar to me.  I still don't know the language and I don't go out of the house by myself.  When he isn't here it feels too limiting and a bit scary.  I know my in-laws could help with anything I needed but it isn't the same as having hubby here.

No comments: