Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not unexpected

Found out the other day that hubby's trip will be extended.  He was originally due back on the 25th, though we knew there was a possibility of him extending the trip.  He is now due back on the 2nd.
Needless to say, I was not happy about this.  In total it will be 18 days that he is gone, which is a bit much.

:::

Went out for dinner last night with my sister in law.  We went to a place called Studio Misr (Misr being the name for Egypt in Egyptian).  It was not too far away so we walked.

The place was large, well designed, well lit and the wait staff was very friendly but not too hovering.

The food was good.  I had a shish tawook sandwich which is basically grilled chicken on a roll.  There was some kind of garlic "sauce" which I mostly scraped out, but in all the sandwich was pretty good.  Served with fries and "salad", which consisted of some marinated veggies (onion, carrot, olives, pepperoncini peppers, etc.).

After we finished, we walked over to Cinnabon.  I haven't eaten from that place in years, but I was willing to give it a go, though I had a feeling they probably used a lot of artificial stuff in their product.

We bought enough for the family and headed home to eat them there.

It was actually quite cold out and on the way home it was windy to boot.  My nose was quite drippy by the time we made it home.  lol

I didn't eat my cinnamon roll until today.  It was alright, but all in all it tasted kind of "fake".  Not at all like the yummy cinnamon rolls from Le Poire that I get.  I don't think I would purposefully eat at Cinnabon again, but if it was the only thing I had a choice of I wouldn't starve.

:::

It is very cold.  I know this sounds funny because it's not nearly as cold as it is in some areas, however 57 degrees with no heaters and windows that don't shut tight makes for a very chilly house!

I'm fine at night, I have a very warm blanket, but I can't wear the blanket around all day.  lol

I wasn't really thinking about it or I would have bought some warmer clothes with me from the apartment.  I wasn't expecting to be here at the in laws so long either, so clothes supplies are running low and I don't like the detergent my MIL uses because it smells too strong so I'm on a quest to make the clothes last.  lol

I may end up going over to the apartment with my sister in law to pick up a couple of things on Thursday.  Including warmer clothes.

:::

My MIL has actually been sick the last few days so we've been doing eating out / ordering in, because she had some sort of stomach problem.  I felt bad that she felt so bad.  I've never seen her go so long without doing stuff around the house and she's been resting for the last few days.  I guess she is feeling some better but only now starting to eat some soup.  I'm actually thankful she made soup today because it's so darn cold and I'll be having some heated up leftovers at dinner to warm up my insides again. 

No comments: