Monday, January 18, 2010

A few drops

I was still laying in bed (lying?) this morning when I heard the distinct sound of rain starting to fall outside.
That got me up quick!  lol

I got myself ready and went out onto the balcony to watch it while it lasted, which was all of a couple of minutes.  Not much rain but still nice.  I had read a few days ago that it was forecast this week, but only like a 30% chance, so I wasn't sure it it would happen or not.  Also a slightly smaller chance for some rain tomorrow.

:::

Things are okay at the in-laws.  About the same as ever I guess.  At least since we stayed here so long before moving I'm used to how everything works and feel relatively comfortable.


I've been staying up fairly late reading.  It gets to the point where you start to doze off and keep coming to and reading the same paragraph over and over and over before you finally end up making it to bed.  lol

Also been watching some movies.  Stuff I'm more interested in than hubby I guess, so it works out fine that I watch while he's out of town.

Oh... on our way here the other day, we passed the building that they were tearing down across from our apartment.  I was shocked when I saw it!!!  Though the back wall was still standing (the part of the building that I could actually see), the rest of the building was in a big pile of brick/stone.  It seems that even though they've been working, I couldn't see it because of the building in-between ours and the one being torn down.  In any case I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get a picture of it.  It's hard to say what condition things will be in when we go back.  Some things here move so slowly and sometimes things move fast.

:::

It amazes me sometimes how at home I feel here in Cairo.  And then other times everything seems so alien and different.  Maybe it has to do with not getting out a lot.  I'm not sure.  It's strange though, the back and forth.  There's so many things that are still new and that I've still yet to discover. 

:::

I'm finally learning to read the numbers here.  It's a little confusing because some of the numbers look like the ones we use but they have a different value assigned.  It should make things easier though when we go shopping and there isn't a price listed in both languages. 

2 comments:

Shari said...

Thanks for posting the arabic numbers - very interesting. I went to MS Word, clicked on "Insert" and brought up the WP Arabic Sihafa symbols - and there they were - the numbers you show! Dad and I look for your blog updates several times a day. Also, we keep in touch with you somewhat through Facebook. We sure do miss you, sweetie.

Melissa said...

I'm a little lazier about posting than I'd like to be. I'd like to post every other day, there just isn't always that much to write about.
=)