Saturday, January 30, 2010

Haircut

Still not much happening.

The weather has warmed up some the past couple days, hovering around 70 to 72 during the day.  Nice not to have frozen feet all day.  But it's been a bit overcast as well and perhaps there's some dust in the air.

I gave myself a haircut the other day.  I only needed to take a couple of inches off, so it's not like the horrors of grade school where I thought I would be clever and ended up on picture day with very crooked hair.  lol
I can't say it's exactly straight, but it's long enough that I don't think it makes that much of a difference, and it's covered when I go outside anyways, so the only people to see it are hubby and family.

There are talks again about a possible move to Kuwait.  We'll have to wait til hubby is home and see what happens with that.

I think we decided to try for a summer visit to the States instead of trying to go in March/April.  We'll also have to see how that goes.

Only 3 more days til hubby is back, hurrah!  :D

Oh, Egypt played Algeria in soccer again the other night.  Egypt won and of course the whole country celebrated.  lol
They were out en masse in the streets, waving flags and shouting, banging on drums and cheering and all sorts of stuff.  They take aerosol cans and spray them and then light the spray to make like a blowtorch, so there was also a lot of that going on.  I wish I had a video to show.  It's just absolutely crazy.  Something like how Times Square is on New Years Eve.  Glad I wasn't out in it but only watching on tv.  And Egypt wasn't even playing here, they were down in another country for the Africa Cup.

Not much else to report really.  The days run by kind of blending into one another. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just making a blog related to this. If you allow, I would like to use some of your content. And with full refernce of course. Thanks in advance.

- John

Melissa said...

Hello John,
I don't think I mind? I'd be interested to see what you're writing if you wouldn't mind giving a link when you're done?
=)