Sunday, January 10, 2010

4 days, 2 rooms

They are still demolishing the building across the street.  Slow progress but progress nonetheless.  I'm getting a couple of pictures a day, so when they are done, or at least until I can't take pictures where they're working at, I'll post them.  It's nice to see how far they get every day.  I'm sure it's not a well paid job but I wish it were for their sakes.  It's not easy work.  At least it's not summer so the temps aren't awful to work in.
:::

I swept a couple of days ago.  I didn't get the whole apartment, just the 2 front rooms.  There was quite a pile of dust.  It was only 4 days since I had swept the time before, so it wasn't like I waited a month or something.  I'm pretty sure the hacking away at the building across the street is contributing some, but it is always pretty dusty in this apartment anyways.





Anyways, it seems that the broom will be a close friend of mine as long as we live here.  lol

:::

I've been doing a lot of baking.  More lemon bread, though I changed a few things in the recipe, cutting back on some of the fat but still leaving it very moist and too yummy!

I'm getting ready to bake a batch of lemon bars for hubby to take with him to Kuwait.  lol
He wanted some to take so I don't mind.  He'll be leaving later in the week.

And since I'll be at the in-laws, I decided to bake myself a couple of loafs of quickbread to take with me so that I have something yummy to eat that I like.  What I like as a sweet or snack, and what the rest of hubby's family likes is a bit different. 

So I'll be busy baking this week.

:::

Alright, the weird spots on the wall where the paint is kind of bubbling up... still don't know what it is.  Hubby thinks it's just water leaking in the walls, but I don't think straight water would do this.  Maybe it's water leaking but there's something in the paint that's making it bubble?  No idea.

Both of these pictures are taken on the same wall, about 5 feet apart.  It is a wall going down the hallway between the bathroom and the kitchen, but there are no appliances or anything on the other side of the wall.  It's just a divider wall.  Of course, there could be pipes inside the wall there that I'm not aware of but it seems like a weird place to have them to me.



                                                                               :::



I hope it's nothing major.  But we repainted the whole apartment before moving in and the walls were fine.  In the period between painting and actually moving here, this started happening.  It's not decaying or whatever at too rapid a pace, but it does still seem to be progressing. 

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be from?

:::

I still have some more pictures to post, will try to get them up in the next couple days or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer about the walls. You know, Craig is pretty much a master plasterer. He says that if you want to buy him a ticket, he'd be happy to take a look at the problem!