Friday, November 13, 2009

Tentativity

Well, I'm not sure that's a word but it sounds good to me.  lol

We have tentative plans to get up early (early for us that is) and go downtown and walk around.
Hubby is printing out some maps at the office so that I can get my bearings and note things down.  Like if there's a restaurant we see that we want to try later or a store I want to come back to.

I'm excited and it should be fun.

It should also be less noisy and crowded if we truly get there before 10 a.m.

:::

Turns out that my sister in law has bronchitis.  She's basically been in her room for the last couple (2 or 3?) days and while I do hear coughing on occasion it doesn't sound too bad.  I guess she got some antibiotic in shot form.  Which sounds much better to me than shoving pills down throats. 
Insha'Allah she'll be well soon.

:::

My mother in law really cracks me up.  When I first came, she really only knew a couple of words of English, but it seems she practices with a cousin on the phone or something.  But sometimes she pops out with something that just totally makes me laugh.

Her English has advanced much more than my Arabic, though she did know English before.  She just didn't have much reason to use it in the last years I guess.  Not sure how long actually.

We both know a little bit of French, so that gets used at times.  Though I think she knows more French than I do.

And from what I am told, I think she knows Nubian and possibly Ethiopian???  I don't think she knows either one well enough to speak it fluently but.. neat.

:::

The weather has continued to be mostly cooler with just a few days of higher temps.  It's nice to be able to use covers while sleeping.  And feel that little nip in the air.

:::

I stayed up til 6 a.m. reading this morning.  I haven't done that in longer than I can remember.  As a teenager I know I used to stay up all hours reading Stephen King books and scaring myself silly and then having to sleep with the light on.  lol

Well, after turning the light off this morning and laying in bed, I was listening to the birds outside.  It is one of the things I like best about being awake when dawn comes.  I counted at least 4 different bird calls, possibly 5.

There's just something so wonderful about being up to see the new day come.  It's so fresh, so tender, and so full of potential.  It is not sullied yet by the sounds of traffic and a big city and it doesn't have the hurried pace of people running off to work or other commitments.  It's peaceful.  It's hopeful.  It's full of life.

No comments: