Sunday, November 8, 2009

I miss

driving down to the post office to put a piece of mail in the bin

listening to the leaves blow on a windy autumn day

the plants which lived on the patio

a fridge with food that i like eating

the feeling of coming home every day after being out

a shower with decent and steady water pressure

wandering down shopping isles full of familiar and enjoyed products

my car and driving

the sounds of squirrels playing in the tree out front

mail delivery

doing my own laundry in a machine that doesn't eat my clothes

whole foods grocery store

the feeling that the holidays are coming

central a/c - heat

my sewing machine

tv in general (with English speaking shows) - TBS and the Food Network specifically

my allergy doctor

having my own bathroom that i don't have to share with 4 - 5 other people

stoplights

thanksgiving day parade

my almost new cell phone (which doesn't work here)

emtpy streets at night

even, clean and paved sidewalks for walking on

seeing houses lit up with Christmas lights

so much rain you think it will never stop

corn tortilla chips

wall to wall carpet

blue skies

a heaven full of stars at night

steamy windows

the library


(this list is not all inclusive, and family and friends are of course a given)

7 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Hi friend, peace...
Your blog very interesting.
If you willing visit my blog, and read my article at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
And... Thanks.

Londi said...

I can imagine how desperately you miss these things. Even when I was in Newport Beach, I missed huge fir trees and the piney smell they give out. I thought I never wanted to see another palm tree as long as I lived! LOL!

Marcouiller Trimble said...

xox

Melissa said...

It's interesting the things you miss and the things you don't. Definitely some surprises.
=)
I'd love to smell some fir trees!

Shari said...

What don't you miss?

Melissa said...

I will get to that list eventually, along with a couple others. Just not sure when!

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Fortunately, quite a few of these will be solved when you move into your own apartment - which should have happened months ago.... Maybe the others won't seem so bad once you're in your own space.