Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hungry hungry hippo

Well, it seems as though my sister in law may have got swine flu.  I'm not sure as I've been kind of behind doors all day, trying to avoid getting sick myself.  But I can hear her coughing occasionally through the wall.

I went out of the room at 8 tonight to try to see about something to eat, as I had lunch at 3:30 and I was feeling a bit hungry.

I got to the dining room where I saw my sister in law, my brother in law and my mother in law, all sitting at the dining room table.

It turns out that her doctor appointment which was supposed to be at that time has been put off a bit as the doctor is not yet at the clinic.

And since I didn't want to sit at the table with someone who has contracted unknown medical condition, I head back to the bedroom.

Forty five minutes later, I decide to open the door to see if I can hear anyone about.

But what happens when I open the door, is that I am hit by the overpowering stench of what seems like about 1,524,865 roses.

My grandmother in law has a perfume that is made from rose oil or something and although it smells nice for about 2 seconds, I can't tolerate it for longer than that.

Now, grandma's room is at the other end of the house.  And yet when I opened the door, honestly it smelled like someone dumped the whole bottle of perfume out.

So, I did not venture out into stink land, as the dining room is also adjoined to grandma's room (hence foiled again in my mission of stuffing mouth and belly).

Therefore, with door closed right back up, I am waiting (at 11 p.m.) for hubby to get home from a work meeting and find some way to rescue me from this situation.

I know this all sounds kind of whiny but you know what?  I've been living with my in laws since the middle of May and I'm just tired of being patient about it.  Really.

1 comment:

Londi said...

Jeez Melissa!6 months with the inlaws? That would be torture for me ss I am sort of a private person. How come your apt. isn't ready yet? I'd be ready for the rubber room about now!

Londi