Friday, November 20, 2009

Another trip

I always feel bad when I don't post for a few days, but most of the time there just isn't much going on.  Or nothing exciting anyways.  lol

:::

The brouhaha with Algeria over the whole football (soccer) thing has escalated beyond belief.  Hubby has been following it very closely on the news the last few days.

After the last match which was held on Wednesday night in Sudan, there were quite a few happenings endangering the lives of Egyptians in both Sudan and Algeria.  And it seems even in some other countries, Egyptian citizens are being harassed.  I really don't get this whole thing.

Here's a couple links if anyone is interested in reading further, though the links aren't telling everything there is to tell.

link 1

link 2

:::

It appears that hubby will be making another trip to Kuwait sometime soon. 

We've known about the trip for some time, just weren't sure when it was going to be.  It was originally going to be in October I think, but now perhaps it will be sometime early in December.

And once again, I'm very unhappy about hubby going away and leaving me alone with his family for a week or however long he ends up staying.  The trip length keeps increasing.

At first it was maybe 3 days.  Then 4 or maybe 5.  Now it's a week.  Who knows how long it will actually take.  Hubby seems to be an optimist when it comes to how long something will take, and while I appreciate his optimism, what I would prefer is some realism.  Optimism isn't comforting when he's in another country and I'm alone.

I don't think we'll be moving at least until he is back from the trip.  I'm guessing at least another month, though of course it's hard to say.

On top of that, he has brought back up the possibility again of moving to Kuwait if things go well when he's there.

I didn't understand how he could even bring it up when we are still in the process of trying to furnish and move into our apartment here!

It seems things remain uncertain in the housing area, at least in terms of living anywhere other than the in-laws.

:::

Hubby and I have many little discussions about words, usually English words and their meanings.

The other day I was mentioning to hubby something about a series Michael Palin had done called Sahara.  It was about his travels through the Sahara desert.  Hubby asked, which desert, and I said the Sahara.  And he said, yes, but which one?

We were a bit confused with each other, but it seems that sahara is actually the Arabic word for desert, so he thought I was just saying the word desert, not the particular desert in Africa.

Never a dull moment in the language department at least!

1 comment:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

It's a shame you can't move to the apartment while he's gone. Think how much you could get done if you were just there for an extended period of time - especially if you could shop for at least some kitchen things. Seems like such a waste of money paying rent on something you're not using. You have been much more patient than I think I could have ever been. Kuwait seems like a really strange idea at this point given that you'd have to start all over and find a place to live there - unless is was a short term thing, more like an extended vacation. That might be a pleasant diversion, especially if the workmen could be finishing things at the apartment.
Jane