Friday, September 3, 2010

Best Days

Last night as I was laying (lying?) in bed and trying to sleep, I was thinking that I would ask my husband in the morning, what were his best days.  Not necessarily the happiest, but the best.

And then I started thinking of my own best days.

The first one I thought of, and this will sound weird until I explain it, is the day that I left to move to Egypt.

It was a sad day to be sure, leaving family and friends and home.

But it was also a day when I felt the love for my so so strongly.  And felt how much he really means to me.

It seems that in our day to day lives, when we live with people (or work with them or what have you), we tend to take them for granted.  We do the same things over and over, falling into ruts and grooves.  We forget how much we value someone and what they mean to us.  Even if you know you love them, until something happens to bump you from your rut or groove, you maybe forget the depth or strength.

My son means the world to me and I value him and the fact that he is in my life.  He is a wonderful individual and I'm so looking forward to seeing what he will contribute to this world.

Anyways, that was the first best day I thought of.  A reminder of how much I loved my son.

The second was the day I first visited Egypt and met my fiance (now husband).  Wow what a best day that was.  I don't remember all the details from that day.  But I remember riding in the cab on the way from the airport to his parent's house, and thinking how happy I was to be with him and in Egypt.

There are other days of course.  Hopefully we've all had many best days.  And many best days to come. 

:::

I meant to post more during Ramadan but that didn't seem to happen.  We're drawing to a close for the month with just under a week or so left to fast.  I believe the last day of fasting will be next Thursday insha'Allah.
And then we will have 3 days of Eid, in which most people are off work and celebrating.  It's kind of like Christmas in the States.  Visiting with family, lots of good food, wearing nice clothes, etc.

We have a plan during Eid, to do something special, but I don't want to talk about it until we do it insha'Allah and then hopefully I'll have some pictures to post.  I'm really excited and can't wait.

5 comments:

Londi said...

Glad to see a new blog! I enjoy reading about your life over there.

Londi

Melissa said...

Yay, your comment posted! :D

Shari said...

So did you ask Ahmed what his best day was and, if so, what was his response?

Melissa said...

I did ask, and he did give me a couple of responses, but you will have to ask him as well. :D
He is kinda private in terms of what he wants put on the blog.

Shari said...

Glad to see that whatever his response was, it made you smile. :)