Thursday, May 6, 2010

Howdy doody time!

You know, I get songs stuck in my head all the time.  Most of the time when it happens, I get the music without the lyrics because I've either forgotten the lyrics or never knew them properly.

Such is the case at the moment with the song for the Howdy Doody show, which I barely remember seeing.

I get all kinds of songs stuck, quite often television themes, though not always.  A couple of months ago I had the theme from I Dream of Genie stuck in my head for over a week.  A WEEK!!!  lol

I tried to do some research online about why people get songs stuck in their head but I didn't find any satisfactory answers.

Sometimes I keep it in my head, sometimes I hum whatever song it is and sometimes I sing it.  Not sure how hubby feels about it but he hasn't complained yet, poor guy.  lol

:::

The time moved forward here last Thursday.  I forgot to mention it was going to change in the last post I made.  It's a bit disconcerting to have the time change on a different date than other places.  Even the UK changes on a different date than us and different to the States.  As long as they're going to keep this time change malarky, I wish they could at least make all the countries change on the same day.

I enjoy having light later in the evening though.  I won't complain about that.

:::

Might take a trip out tomorrow and go to a mall and one of the major grocery stores.  It's been a long while since we've been.

It is, however, supposed to be around 102 degrees tomorrow.  Saturday is no better at 105 degrees and Sunday at 104.  I guess summer has finally arrived.

Anyways, looking forward to a grand day out insha'Allah.  Will try to take some pictures if we go.

4 comments:

Shari said...

I know what you mean about getting a song stuck in your head. I had one a few days ago - can't remember the name of it, but it's just not a song I would ordinarily sing. LOL This happens to Dad, too. Gives us one more thing to laugh together about. Oh, man - 102, 104 - waaaay too hot for me!

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

It's called an earworm. Just google it to find a lot about it.

Melissa said...

Well I read about "earworm" on wikipedia. I liked one of the nicknames for it - tune wedgy. lol
Anyways... not much to do about it I guess. Mostly doesn't bother me but sometimes it gets annoying.


And yes it's too hot. But only 97 degrees today!

Shari said...

I remembered the name of the song - it was "Jose Cuervo." At the time I thought, "Why am I singing this; I don't even drink tequila!" (or anything else these days) "Earworm," huh - I'll have to google it. Thanks Jane.