Monday, February 8, 2010

Stinky fish

The apartment, much to my dismay, now smells like stinky fish.  Or, if you're my husband, it smells like delicious spiced shrimp.  lol

I was going to make some caramelized onions to go with the rice tonight and when I was looking up a recipe I had, I came across one for caramelized onions with sardines.  Not something I would eat, but I know hubby loves him some sardines, and we happened to have a couple of tins, so I decided to go ahead with it.

It was messy while cooking, splattering everywhere, and it made such a stink that it was making me sick to my stomach, but hubby assures me that it was very tasty and that he would gladly eat it again.   So, success in hubby's belly, just not in my nose. 

:::

Still waiting on word for some things at hubby's work.  I'm kind of excited to see what will happen.  If things turn out well there's the chance for a fair bit of travel.  And it's exciting to travel to new places.  Although I'm not fond of flying, being in an airport always leaves me with a sense of adventure and wonder, even if I'm only dropping off or picking someone up. 

Hopefully we will be able to work in a trip to the States this summer.  I'm still hoping for a train trip across the country but we will just have to see.  If not this time, then next insha'Allah.

:::

Okay, here's a picture I took some time before hubby went on his business trip.  Lets see if you can identify what it is.  I don't think I would have guessed as to what it was myself if I didn't know.  But I love the color and design of it.

4 comments:

Shari said...

I have no idea what it is, but it's scary! LOL

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

My first guess would be some sort of cheese. If not, maybe a gelatin dessert of some sort???

Londi said...

It looks like brains!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Londi!