Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ok ok already

Well, I'm still pretty beat and a bit sick and don't really feel like posting but I can only use that as an excuse for so long.  Sometimes I'm just too lazy.  lol

I think I just caught a cold.  But, on the mend and should be all better in a few days insha'Allah.

:::

I finished going through the pictures I took of the building across from us that got demolished and have decided which ones to post, I just need to edit down the size a little bit before posting. 

In related news, hubby heard from our building owner that the person who owns the land where the building was torn down, is putting up a new apartment there, and that they want to dig a bit into the ground, which they are afraid is going to make the apartment building next to the lot (the building right next to us) unstable and so they are trying to buy the building and get everyone to move so that they can tear that building down too.

Now, despite the fact that this sounds like a giant headache named dust to me, there is something funny about it as well.

On the building across from us, on the roof, which is level with our apartment, there are piles of rubble, and I believe that this has a large part in how much dust we get in our place.

I have talked to hubby about us trying to do something to get rid of the rubble, even volunteering to go remove the stuff myself if we could find someone to haul it away.

I guess God is answering my prayers in getting rid of the dust.  I just need to put up with more dust and noise from another building being demolished and then the dust and noise from construction going on for some months (years?).

I'm really just groaning about the construction that will be happening.  Not looking forward to that AT ALL.
It means that I can't go about in front of the windows without hair covered or in short sleeves.

However, I have no idea when they will demolish this other building as there are still people living in it, and no idea when construction will start.  Hopefully not for a long while yet.

Pictures of the demo to come soonish.

:::

We had a nice time the other day at the in laws and visiting with hubby's cousin from Kuwait.  The two kids she brought with her very pretty well behaved and the little girl was too cute!

My MIL made lots of the family favorites as far as food goes.  Um, mine not included.  lol
Kind of the opposite for me.  But I got full enough with rice and grilled chicken. 

Hubby had heard there was a lot of traffic going on the way towards our apartment, so he was thinking about taking us a side way, and then decided not to, and then I convinced him that he should, as traffic wasn't moving.

It ended up being quite the little adventure, and I'll share more about that next time I post. 

:::

We ended up going shopping the other day, last Friday, to 3 different stores, and getting a whole lot of stuff that we were still missing in the kitchen.  Hurrah!  I was so excited, and also exhausted by the time we got home

But, almost done with shopping for the kitchen.  And yay, I finally have a cheese grater!  lol
And a blender!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi Melissa

Nice to know from you that day

Take care

Yassin shalaby