Friday, February 4, 2011

To echo the Whos of Whoville

We are here, we are here, we are here!

We are relatively safe here in our area of Cairo.  Watching the news like everyone else.

Wondering what will happen in the coming days.

Not really much else happening.  I read a lot to get through the internet down time, which was almost 6 days.

The weather has been nicer, but I guess that's to be expected as we're in February now and by April it will start get fairly warm.  I'm not saying it's balmy right now, just not as freezing.  lol

Will update more when there's something to update.

5 comments:

Shari said...

You can't imagine how good it is to see your blog update and, especially, to see your name as being online when I log on to the internet. Stay safe, sweetie.

db said...

I've been asking Jeff to email you to see how you were and he gave me this link to your site. Im glad to see your post and that you are well. Be safe it looks really crazy over there from here!

Danielle

Melissa said...

Hey mom, staying as safe as we can.
=)

Wow, hey Danielle! We are doing okay here, just watching and waiting with the rest of the world. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Londi said...

Glad to see you are ok. That must be pretty awful. Can you even get out of the house, or are you just stuck there 24/7?

Londi

Melissa said...

Hey Londi. Personally I don't feel it's too safe to be out and about right now. Too many real reports about westerners being arrested while out doing normal things. They get stopped at police check points and taken into custody. It would probably be safe to walk around the neighborhood but honestly I don't really want to risk it.
Might have been nice to be out walking today, we got some nice drizzly weather. :)