Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well, I brought home a couple of boxes from work today to pack some stuff up that I won't use before I leave. I mean, it's not a final packing, but it allows me to get the things out of sight so I don't need to see them and think about what I'm going to do with them. It should be some books and I'm not sure what else.
I need to go through a trial run and pack all the clothes I'm bringing, to see if they'll all fit in the 3 pieces of luggage that I plan on bringing on the plane with me. Because if they don't all fit in the luggage, I'll have to ship some of it. I really think they'll all fit, but we'll see. Sweaters/heavier items take up too much space.
It's really a bit of a pain to do, but Ahmed is telling me I need to have some idea about how much I will ship (that won't fit in the luggage) and so I need to know what won't fit.
I had already planned to ship over my nice pots/pans, since they'll be expensive to buy there in Egypt, and we're hoping fairly cheap to ship. We'll see. I really wanted to bring over my sewing machine, but I just dread bringing over anything that requires electricity. Not only is the wattage different, but the plug prongs are different as well. Pain in the patootie.
So, the pots/pans, my stair stepper (small and not too heavy), my books, and I'm not sure what else to ship. Not alot to be honest. I'll be selling almost everything, and storing a few things at my mom and dad's. A few boxes worth at most. They don't have room to be storing all of my stuff.

So, I have alot of work cut out for me.
I'm thinking to advertise on Craigs List to have a moving sale over one weekend, and people can call for the address and come see things. But it makes me a little nervous. What if there's people who just want to see what I have so they can come back and steal it? I'm sure it doesn't happen that often, I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but it's possible I guess.
But, I really need to start selling stuff soon. I'm hoping to move at the beginning of March, and that really isn't that long away, for wanting to sell just about everything I own.

I think that's it for posting today.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to go by the AAA office and apply for an international drivers license. They are good for a year and during that time I'll hopefully be getting an Egyptian drivers license. :D

No comments: