Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Alright, I got it! Yay!
I went after work and got my international driver permit.
I got a little lost trying to find the AAA office, but once I found it, it was no problem.
I had the form filled out before I went, and made sure that I had two passport sized photos with me.
The guy took my paperwork and payment and AAA member info and did some blah blah with it and then put one of the pictures in the permit (which is like a little booklet) and then I was on my way.
So, another thing off of my list of things to do.

I also went through some more cookbooks tonight. I am taking some of my cookbooks with me, but not all of them. For the ones I'm not taking (because I only like a few items in them), I'm copying down the recipes that I like and then I will get rid of (in some way) the books with the rest of the books I'm not taking with me.

I do need to finish up a couple of quilts, one a lap and the other a bed sized. And I really want to finish them before I go, because I don't think I'm taking my sewing machine with me and I don't know how long it will be before I get a machine there. I do hope to get one at some point, it just will probably be a while.
Not that there's alot of use for quilts in Egypt. Though it does get quite cold during the 2 months of winter.
For some reason, the inside of buildings there stays very cold, colder than the outside. At least from what I've read and heard. I think it's because of what the buildings are built with. And no insulation.
I know that hot water bottles will be needed, but I can buy one there. :D

So, tomorrow night could be quilt time. Or, it could be packing clothes in luggage to check available space time. I think the clothes is priority over quilts, but we'll see what happens.

No comments: