Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Sauna

Well, back in Cairo for a couple of days now.  Only it feels like I took a trip to a sauna and just forgot to leave.  It's hot but more than that, it's quite humid.

Thankfully, as long as I'm here at the in-laws (only 1 more day) I am sleeping and spending some day time in my sister in law's room, which got a new a/c installed recently.  Much more comfortable.  Trust me, it's hard to sleep in this weather without a/c.

So, great trip.  But great to be back home too.  Can't wait to see hubby tomorrow insha'Allah.

I made a separate page to post a bunch of pictures from the trip.  If you look over to the right you will see a link to "Vacation July 2010" and there's a slew of photo's in there. 

:::

Not much going on except trying to get ready for Ramadan.  This takes some mental preparation as well as the mundane parts like grocery shopping.  Everyone stocks up on food like crazy during Ramadan and so many people over eat, when in fact it is the opposite we are supposed to be doing.  I don't understand this but I think a lot of it has to do with culture.

In any case, excited and only slightly weary (it will be SO hot) at the thought of our blessed month about to start.

:::

Tons of laundry to do when we get home and I'm sure the whole apartment will need to be cleaned, so I'll have my work cut out for me.  But it will be nice to get home and back to my own bed and kitchen and bathroom and routine.  Well, maybe not the routine.  I'm hoping to break that up a little.

I'm actually hoping there will be time to run downtown before Ramadan (yeah right, good luck with that!!!) and look at and hopefully purchase a sewing machine.  I have SO many projects I want to do and I need to do something besides while away the hours on the computer all day. 

3 comments:

oldie goldie said...

i saw a word that is originally my language lol.. sauna! lol.. it must be really hot there, because we usually heat the sauna to almost 100○C :P . welcome to finland to try it!

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

hyva paiva goldie. I loved saunas in Finland.

Melissa said...

100 Celsius? I can't imagine going anywhere that hot on purpose!! lol
That's too much for me I guess.
Who knows, if I ever make it to Finland I will have to try. :D